Operata Heartbeat provides capability to measure the actual Customer and Agent experience your end-to-end environment is delivering, capturing details on where there are any issues.
Tests are created that place test calls between virtual customers and test agents to independently score audio and network performance at multiple points.
Test agents can either be Virtual or Human:
- Virtual - An Operata software agent installed within your Amazon Connect region
- Human - Any agent automatically becomes a test endpoint when they are next idle, the test is run (50 seconds) and they are automatically moved back to their production queue once completed.
For each test, Operata measures the audio degradation and audio latency of a reference audio file as it traverses your service, while at the same time collecting performance data for the supporting infrastructure.
The test results are displayed on an Insight dashboard with a scatter graph highlighting where results are lower than expected. The performance data gathered is collated to create an Operata Quality Score of between 10 (Good) and 1 (Bad).
Heartbeat in more detail
Heartbeat Insights provides results in four distinct areas:
- Telephony - Performance Heartbeat test calls, similar to CX but with added data on the performance of the telecoms providers (this data is not shown in the scatter graph)
- Customer Experience (CX) - The Audio experience from a Customer perspective.
- Agent Experience (AX) - The Audio experience from an Agents perspective.
- Network - Performance of the data network connecting Amazon Connect to the Virtual Agent.
Hovering over the Scatter graph markers gives a summary of the test run and result, selecting the marker displays details of that specific test and results. Where there are multiple scores of the same value in any test, only one marker will be shown.
The dials below the scatter graph show the average performance and trend of results for the selected Time Period, Agent Type or Target Phone Number.
The percentage change is a comparison to the previous selected Time period
eg. If selected time period is 4h, it is compared to the previous 4h
The colour of the gauge:
- Green is up %
- Amber is down less than 10%
- Red is down more than10%
Selecting any of the dials displays the tests themselves and reveals a filter to quickly find tests where performance was sub-optimal, we call these indicators Insights.
Selecting any of the tests in the list is a quick way to get to the detail of the test results, use the Logs menu option to see and filter on them all.